What information do we collect online?
We collect information when you submit an email or access our website. Our website may contain links to and portions of other sites, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these other sites. The information we collect may include:
- Personal contact information that you provide to us, such as name, email, and phone number
- Anonymous, aggregate information that is not linked to personal information which is used to generate statistical reports about the use of our website
- Information we collect on our website through log files or cookies in order to create a profile (IP address, browser type, internet service provider, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks) which may be tied to your personal information. This provides overview information on how individual customers use our website.
- Anonymous information collected from third-party service providers to facilitate ads on our behalf
Online Security: We take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information from unauthorized disclosure or access. However, given the nature of the Internet and the fact that network security measures are fallible, we cannot guarantee the security of your information. We use encryption to protect information online, and the servers that store your personal information are housed in a secure environment.
What information do we collect offline?
When you fill out an enrollment application, take a tour, or submit an inquiry to our center, we collect information. This may include:
- Your sensitive personal information (i.e. your emergency contact and release information, driver’s license number, and employer information)
- Your child’s sensitive personal information (i.e. care needs, allergies, medications, medical care provider, and immunization history)
- Your personal contact information (i.e your name, address, email address, and phone number)
How is your information used?
Your information is used for purposes such as:
- to provide a safe and healthy environment for your children at Friends ELC
- to administer first aid and other medical care as needed
- to effectively communicate with you
- to operate and refine this website
- to comply with licensing regulations and other legal requirements
- to target advertising at potential customers
Under what circumstances may we share your information?
- if we have your consent to share your information such as for enrollment in Friends Church annual VBS
- when we retain authorized vendors to provide services on behalf of Friends ELC. These service providers are subject to non-disclosure obligations to protect your information.
- if, for our bona fide business purposes, we need to share your information with day care regulators, medical providers, payment processors, and financial institutions
- if we are required by law to share information or if we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements
- in the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of a portion of our assets, any personal information you provide us may be a part of the assets transferred
How can I change my personal information?